If you’re an online merchant using Shopify as your CMS and looking to expand your business into new international markets, Shopify Markets may be the perfect tool for you.
What is Shopify Markets?
Shopify released Shopify Markets in February 2022 as a cross-border management tool that makes it easier than ever to identify, set up, launch, optimize and manage your international markets.
With Shopify Markets, merchants can simply create a Shopify store for each new international market and manage all of their marketing campaigns from a single location. This makes it easier for merchants to track their progress and optimize their campaigns for each individual market.
Before this, if a merchant wants to launch its Shopify store in the international market you need to use the subdomain ( au.example.com ) approach or a totally new domain ( exampleau.com ) for other international markets. This was one of the major drawbacks of Shopify for International SEO before as previous approaches had many disadvantages for international SEO as well as managing the multinational campaigns for merchants.
Some of the benefits of Shopify Markets include:
– Seamless integration with Shopify’s existing platform and tools
– Easier management of multiple international markets from a single-store
– Improved tracking and reporting of international marketing campaigns
– Access to Shopify’s network of international experts
How Shopify Markets can help you with your International SEO
Shopify Markets can help you with your International SEO in a few ways:
– By allowing you to create subdirectories ( exampleus.com/au ) for each new international market, now we can pass the primary domain authority to all other different markets. This saves cost for international SEO as well as you do not have to manage multiple domains for multiple marksts.
Note: Google also considers a subdomain (au.example.com) as a separate domain.
– Shopify Markets gives you access to Shopify’s network of international experts who can help you with everything from market research to launching your store in new markets.
– Shopify Markets provides improved tracking and reporting of your international marketing campaigns, so you can see what’s working and what isn’t.
Tharindu is a passionate digital marketing specialist with over 14 years of experience planning and executing cross-channel digital media campaigns in the Asia Pacific and Australia. He is also known as the SEO wizard due to his extensive knowledge and technical skill in SEO.