Everyone is talking about the ChatGPT. ChatGPT is revolutionizing our work by providing powerful natural language processing capabilities. ChatGPT is already a powerful tool. However, what will happen when we connect ChatGPT to Google Sheets?
The applications are endless. You can ,
- Bulk rewrite your title and meta descriptions.
- Ask to write a content plan for the keyword list you provided.
- Mapp URLs within the Google Sheets itself.
- Do the keyword research within Google Sheets
- Product name and product description rewriting in bulk
Above are some of the applications we can do. Also, with some plugins, especially for WordPress & Wocommerce, you can connect Google Sheets and let the page content update automatically.
Imagine that you can update your E-commerce website’s category descriptions in a single click.
This blog post will discuss the steps to add ChatGPT to your Google Sheets and how to use it to streamline your meta data management process. It’s up to you to tweak the prompt and use it for other purposes.
With the power of ChatGPT at your fingertips, the possibilities are endless. So, whether you’re a marketer, a data analyst, or just someone looking to improve their workflow, keep reading to learn how to take your productivity to the next level.
First, we must thank two people.
Connect and follow @Abi Raja on Twitter, who has written the Google Sheet Apps Script and shared it with everyone.
Watch the video from Rock Trembath , Who initially shared how you can connect the ChatGPT to Google Sheets.
1. Create a copy of this Google Sheet For the Page Title & Product Description Formula. Once you get used to how the prompts work, you can customise them according to any requirement.
2. Go to GitHub and copy the app script written by @Abi Ra
3. Go back to your Google Sheet. The column “ChatGPT” not showing any value as we have not connected the ChatGPT Api with the Google Sheet.
4. Go to extensions > App Scripts in Google Sheets.
5. Open Apps Script and Copy and paste the entire script from GitHub. At the very top, as highlighted, you will see that we need the API key from ChatGPT.
6. Go to Open AI. Create an account if you don’t have one already. For testing purposes, you can use the free tokens given, but know that for advanced bulk processes, you will incur a cost. You may need to add your payment details to your Open AI account.
To your account details, top right, look for “View API Keys.”
7. Create an API Key And Copy it back to the App Script. Make sure you add the API Key within “” marks.
Once you copy the API Secret Key, save the project and click RUN.
8. You may have to verify the permission to Google Sheets
9. Now go back to your Google Sheets. You should see a loading message under the ChatGPT Column. If you don’t see any change, copy the below formula to the cell and click enter.
Final Prompt Explanation
What I have done is simple, I have concatenated the cell values I need to pass to ChatGPT.
=CONCATENATE(A2,” “,B2,” “,C2)
= Initial Prompt + Page Title/Name + Description
Feel free to share this and let me know your comments. Also, let me know what other templates you will come up with.